We know iPads, tablets and smartphones have become tools of the trade when conducting sales calls with potential and existing customers. Based upon field users’ feedback and requests, we added several iPad, tablet, and smartphone touchscreen features to make it even easier to use the InfoDeli system.
1) We built version 5.0 with responsive design in mind. The same system that runs on your desktop and laptop modifies itself for use on a tablet or smart phone. We took further steps to actually add touchscreen functionality within the smaller devices to give you ease of use right at your fingertips.
Touch Screen Enabled Functions.
2) Compound Click Searching – We added new ways to locate and narrow the results of product searches to eliminate the need for typing queries. New search screens allow for singular and compound searching for specific items by selecting a product division or brand and an item type to narrow the list of found documents in your search results.
3) Touch Screen +1/-1 Shopping – We added one touch plus and minus shopping functionality. Many of the items in the store are bundled in packages of various quantities e.g. 25, 50, 100. New touchscreen buttons allow users to easily add or subtract quantities without using the numeric keyboard.
4) Pinterest-Style, Flowing Layouts – We added Pinterest-style flowing layouts to maximize benefits of the new compound queries and smaller found sets features. With flowing layouts, you don’t have to click on the next and prior buttons to flow through found sets of records. You take full advantage of the iPad’s and iPhone’s sweeping motion to navigate through information. Users can find their found set of records, sweep up or down that found set, regardless of the quantity, and save time when locating items they want to place in their shopping cart. When users scroll to the bottom of the first load a set of records, the additional items are automatically added.
5) List Layout Functionality – We added a new list layout functionality rather than the product matrix or grid. This allows users to see all the bits of information associated with the particular set of marketing materials they are viewing. This was done to avoid having to search singularly for a detailed record. This list layout works well in the horizontal mode for iPads, as well as smartphones. Our field user base indicated that when new items are added to any organization’s store, sales and marketing users need to see those details until they are more familiar with locating them. This list layout allows users to get that initial extra bit of information until they’re comfortable searching for things just by icons and titles. Additionally, this layout can serve as a useful tool when actually making a presentation to a sales prospect. The details and descriptions of those marketing material items are displayed in the list layout format.
6) Touch Screen Checkout – We added touchscreen functionality all the way through the system, including checkout. Users can adjust the quantities in their cart by using the plus and minus buttons or delete items from their cart with just a tap. In addition, if their sales prospect is already part of their customer list, then no actual retyping of an address is required.
7) Siri or Voice Recognition Enabled – InfoDeli is now designed to take advantage of Siri and voice recognition capabilities on the newer iPads, tablets and smartphones. Creative sales professionals can take advantage of voice recognitions capabilities on those devices to further streamline the ordering process. It allows them to dictate special or detailed delivery instructions to a fulfillment house or communicate a personalized message to be sent with the order’s email confirmation.